PSX Save States with Mednafen PSX core

I get an error when trying to use Save States with the Mednafen PSX core, stating that the core “does not support save states” (running RA 1.0.0.2).

I looked it up on the Wiki where it said that the Mednafen PSX has options to enable Save States, but when I follow the instructions and open the core options, the menu only shows controller/dithering., but nothing pertaining to save states. It doesn’t even have more than half of the options listed in the Wiki.

Screenshot:

Was there something I missed?

Yes, your core is too old http://buildbot.libretro.com

I thought beta versions were highly unstable and unsupported…? Also, I thought Mednafen PSX wasn’t going to support save states…? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you can keep using 1.0.0.2 if you want but there is so much that has changed since then that you’ll be missing a lot. She changed her mind, I’ve disabled save state support by default since I lost some memcards when using states and memcards, you can enable states in core options

Savestates work perfectly, thing is it breaks some memory cards, and it’s not up to the libretro fork I was able to reproduce that with mednafen proper (lost my GT2 memcard)