Question abou controllers

I would like to know if this is possible.

I have an I-Pac 2 2 player with 2 joysticks and 6 buttons per player. I use this for MAME games. I also have Wireless Xbox 360 adaptor for stuff hard to use the I-Pac. However I would like to know can I setup some of cores to use either? Maybe Xbox 360 controllers are off then use the I-Pac?

With autoconfig enabled, when you turn on your 360 pad, it will grab focus and autoconfigure itself to the retropad defaults. I’m not sure if that autoconfiguration gets written to the main config, though. I don’t think it does… I’m unable to test it right now but my suspicion is that it won’t, so if you turn off your pad, your keyboard controls should come back.

Anyway, it’s something to test. I would recommend making a backup of your I-PAC config before turning on your 360 pad, though, so you don’t have to re-do everything if I’m wrong.

[QUOTE=hunterk;33811]With autoconfig enabled, when you turn on your 360 pad, it will grab focus and autoconfigure itself to the retropad defaults. I’m not sure if that autoconfiguration gets written to the main config, though. I don’t think it does… I’m unable to test it right now but my suspicion is that it won’t, so if you turn off your pad, your keyboard controls should come back.

Anyway, it’s something to test. I would recommend making a backup of your I-PAC config before turning on your 360 pad, though, so you don’t have to re-do everything if I’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what mean with autoconfig. How can I see what settings are for retropad? Would it be setup for normal Xbox 360? This work for both players?

Yes, it’s set up for a normal 360 pad. If the two pads are identical, it can sometimes be weird assigning which one is player 1 and which is player 2, so you may have to go into the input settings and change the device index for one of the players.

I recommend just trying it to see if it does what you want.

I talked to radius and he confirmed that autoconfigured inputs shouldn’t permanently overwrite your configured I-PAC inputs, so you should (theoretically) be fine.