Question about DS emulation

I’m certain this has been asked before but I’m having a hard time coming up with the right search words to find what I’m looking for…

Is there a way to separate the screens on a DS emulator in Windows RetroArch so I can have the bottom DS screen on one monitor and the top DS screen on another?

Thanks.

Not through RetroArch. However, you should be able to do an extended desktop in Windows and then stretch the DS screen across them, adjusting the screen gap in the core options as needed.

2 Likes

Hi Jabedoben! Have you tried changing your monitor Display Orientation to Portrait? This is how i play DS games i just tilt my monitor like this and launch retroarch, make sure to change on the emulator to top/bottom instead of side by side and i also ajust the screengap to my liking. If you’re into crt stuff this setup with a crt shader looks amazing! :+1:

4 Likes

This works fairly well. Do you know of a way to increase the screen sizes? They’re kinda scrunched and once you stretch the window enough, it just has black borders on either side.

2 Likes

Try changing your aspect ratio in RetroArch to “full” and it should stretch the image to fit.

2 Likes

After your play session let me know what you think about it this is by far my favorite way to play DS games especially Castlevania games. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

I have an NDS 4K Vertical Graphic for the Mega Bezel shader. The preset needs updating but I am planning on doing that ASAP.

5 Likes

Wow that looks really good! Can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

BTW. It does not require 4K to work. All my presets and graphics can run at 1080, the Mega Bezel does not care.:grin:

4 Likes