Question about global configurations

some friend of mine on another forum mention retropie global configuration im intrigue how these work and want to know if its possible to use it in retroarch do you still gotta named the config file i need shed some light on subject…it be nice to setup configuration once accept directories set…just wanted to see if it was possible to set up one config to control all your controllers,and settings or should i just keep doing per core?

I’m not sure how global configuration works in retropie but you can do basically what you’re describing using the override system instead of using per-core configs.

With overrides, you set up your basic configuration in retroarch.cfg and then you override the few options you need to change using a stripped-down config that only has those few options. Importantly, overrides and per-core configs are mutually exclusive, so if you turn on overrides, be sure to turn off per-core configs.

The only real catch to the overrides is that the folder structure needs to be named exactly what the core reports its name as when you load it.

You can read more about the override system here: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/