Question about keys

1. Can I create a secondary hotkey for opening the menu using my gamepad? Like for example L2+start ? So I don’t have to reach over to my keyboard?

2. Can I make the gamepad’s “back” button to resume the game when pressed from the root of the Retroarch menu? So I don’t have to scroll to the Resume option each time?

1.) You can turn on the ‘hotkey’ mode, which makes it so retroarch functions require an additional “hotkey” to be pressed before they’ll function. Then, you can map that hotkey to an unused button, such as L2, and map a function–such as the menu–to one of your existing buttons, such as start. Then, you can still press start for the in-game function, but if you hold L2 and press start, it’ll do the menu function. Does that make sense? It can be confusing and I’m not great at explaining it…

2.) if you push the menu button while already in the menu, it will resume the game, if that’s what you’'re asking.

Thanks for your reply.

1. I want to have F1 and a gamepad combo available for the menu toggle. Because the gamepad may not be connected for example.

2. But I may not want to reach to the keyboard (when playing from my bed for example). So I;d like a keyboard combo. Or the retropad’s “back” button should close the menu and resume emulation.

Just set a key and a button as hotkey toggle it works fine