Question about mame and other cores

I just recently got RA and I got the snes core to work along with the PSX using an old core file someone posted in another thread, but I can’t seem to get the mame or FBA cores to work right, they always crash on startup.

have these cores been broken for a while or is there a way to get older cores and downgrade the dylib? I’m on 8.3 jailbroken btw

I think you missing the bios file. search on google “neogeo.zip 888.kb” maybe you will find it on the second link. after you download the neogeo.zip drop it into FBA or mame roms folder. Regarding the king of fighter 2002 or 2003 having sound problem or not loading I’m just telling you got the bad rom. how to load a fba game: 1- select load contact. 2-select file and detect core. 3- choose the rom 4- load archive with core 5- choose arcade (FB Alpha) <= if you don’t see it then download it from core updater 6- wait 7- 10 second to load a game.

so where do I need to place that neogeo.zip file?

neogeo.zip file goes into the same folder where you keep neogeo games or roms i keep my Roms inside document so This where I keep the neogeo.zip file /var/mobile/Documents/Roms/Neo geo In side the neo geo folder I keep all the neo geo games and neogeo.zip.

so you’re loading that into mame as a rom?

yes but don’t select it when trying to load a game

it won’t work. I downloaded a 1.5mb neogeo file and put it into my roms folder. I loaded it with FBA which gave me on screen overlay controls but the screen was black then i tried to load a game and it crashes on startup with FBA

first of all, neogeo.zip is only 888.kb not 1.5mb, find it on the internet. then put the neogeo.zip file in the same folder of game you trying to play.

I can’t find that file. I’ve searched tons of pages

ok i leave the link here for a few minutes when you get the link let me know cuz i have to delete right away or these guys will kick me out

if you go to the youtube video you will see the neogeo.zip file there in the description under neo geo bios

it didn’t work man. I think I’m gonna give up. thanks for trying though.

the neogeo.zip you need is going to be different depending on what emulator you’re running. mame2003 uses one, fba-current uses another, mame2000 another, etc, etc.

with mame/fba, download the full romset for the core you’re running and use the neogeo.zip from there. ideally also have the entire set in your rom directory otherwise you can only play parent roms.

I’m confused. so if I want to use the mame 2003 core, I should go download the bios for mame 2003, and put that file in my mame roms directory? should I unzip the bios file? and what do you mean “use neogeo.zip from there”?

download the full set for the emulator you want to use, and in that full set will be a neogeo.zip, which you should put in your roms folder along with the game you want to use. keep zipped, like your games. it’s basically just a parent rom.