*Questions/help regarding v1.3.4 for Wii/WiiU*

Hi guys, just made the jump from 1.0.0.2 (old but stable) to 1.3.4. So far I’m liking it a lot (and they finally seem to have fixed the issues with SMW2: Yoshi’s Island.) Anyway, I have 3 questions for anyone willing to help me out.

1- What happened to the autodetect core feature? That was my main way of getting to the desired game/core. Is there a way to re-enable it? Are you guys planning on bringing it back? 2- Can I have different controller layouts for each core? Mainly NES, Cause I use a CC Pro and would like to change A/B for Y/B (like Mario all stars on SNES) 3- Which is the best core to use for SNES and NES. I’m asking cause now I see there are like 2 extra cores… I can’t remember the names ATM. Before it was SNESGX and next only. Also, At least on previous Retroarch releases NES games like Megaman 2 were glitchy/sound was off on some of the cores.

BTW, I don’t know if this is a bug or what but If I try to load content without selecting any core the Wii gets stuck in a black screen and I have to pull the plug. (related to autodetect core BTW)

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for replying. Where should the info files be? The download only comes with the dol files as far as I can see. In previous versions, the info files were alongside the cores. In the same folder… I’m using the Wii version on a WiiU if that makes any difference (not that it should as I’ve 1.0.0.2 for the longest time without any issues besides not being able to change the resolution per core… or at all for that matter) Actually, that is my ONLY reason to update RA, saving custom resolutions. Does that function (automatic remapping) even work on the Wii? Also, last but not least the black screens happens more frequently than I thought. Sometimes when I load RA, sometimes changing cores, sometimes changing games. Could it be related to the change in resolution/aspect ratio? The only way to get it working again is to delete the retroarch folder (not the apps one, but the one that gets created automatically with all the settings.) Thanks again for your help.

These are the only files (from the only folder) in the 1.3.4 download.

Nestopia is usually best for NES, though FCEUmm has Y and X bound to turbo automatically, if you’re into that sort of thing, and it supports a few more weird chinese pirate mappers (again, if you’re into that sort of thing). Snes9x-next is probably best for SNES for most games, though you may need to fall back to CatSFC for a handful of games that dip below full speed.

You can change a core’s mapping on the retropad using the core input remapping, which you can mess with by loading a game, go back into the menu (the ‘quick menu’) and then go to ‘input’.

Hi guys. Thanks for replying and sorry I took so long but there was no notification of new replies… Anyway, putting the info files back in fixed the autodetect feature. So you should definitely add it in the release. There was no default info path so Had to add it manually (same folder as the cores) The quick menu/controls set fixed my need to swap A and B on the pad. So that’s cool.

Now, something weird. I use a forwarder (one by close2insanity if that makes any difference) and it was working fine with version 1.0.0.2 of RA, no issues whatsoever but on the newest version (1.3.4) it works ONLY the first time. What I mean by that is that I can launch the emu the first time, when there is no retroarch settings folder created but if I try to quit RA and launch it again it hangs on a black screen and I have to pull the plug on the WiiU. It works every time trough HBC though… So yeah, that might be an issue with the forwarder but because It worked before and still does (on the first attempt at least) I’m thinking this is actually an issue with the newest versions? I can provide the forwarder if any of you are interested to try it… And last but not least, I can’t seem to be able to save different resolutions and aspect ratios for different cores. Don’t know if that is by design or an issue? If that’s not possible yet, could you show me how to get rid of the overscan on ALL CORES? I’m losing some image on top and bottom (mainly SNES and Arcade cores)WiiU and TV 1080p. So really no need to have any overscan masking. I’d rather have the whole image (“dirty” free space and all) than a cropped one. Thanks for your help guys.