Quick help with video settings

Hi, I’m playing Suikoden I for Playstation. It runs fine but I have some flickering on the top of the screen. I’ve been able to address this in ePSXe by adjusting a setting called “flicker-free border”. I’m trying to do the equivalent on RetroArch.

I’m trying to follow what was performed here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4340

I’ve adjusted the values in misc/image-adjustment.cg to as much as: #pragma parameter overscan_percent_x “Horizontal Overscan %” 50 -25.0 25.0 1.0 #pragma parameter overscan_percent_y “Vertical Overscan %” 50 -25.0 25.0 1.0

And it doesn’t change anything.

And I actually have two other questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the frame counter (not the FPS) from the top of the window where the program name is?

2. Can I increase how fast the game goes in turbo mode (when I press the spacebar)?

Thank you.

Using that image-adjustment shader, check out the “overscan mask top” option. For mednafen/beetle-psx, there’s also a core option for first scanline, which you can increase until the flashing bits don’t show anymore.

Nope, can’t get rid of the frame count.

Turbo/FF works by just disabling vsync temporarily, so the core runs as fast as your computer can manage. In other words, nope, that’s as fast as it’ll go.

For the core option, is it called “Initial Scanline”? I’ve tried maxing that out to 40 and it doesn’t do anything…

On the bright side, you helped me figure it out. I’ve been editing and loading the .cg file. When I tried finding the “overscan mask top” parameter it wasn’t there. Found it in the .glsl file instead. Modified the overscan parameters and now it works!

Thanks!

It should be in the Cg version, too, if you update your shaders through the online updater. However, there’s nothing wrong with using the GLSL version :slight_smile:

You have to restart RetroArch for it to take effect.