Quick menu overlay on 8.3

Hi,

This is my first post so I apologise if this has been covered. I have been using retroarch on my iPad Air without issue on 7.1. I recently updated to 8.3 and used ifunbox to copy my files and Roms back to the device once I had jailbroken with Taig. I overwrote the entire folder (looking back I’m not sure if this was wise or not)

My roms and settings for everything I carried over in my original folder seem to work fine (a few glitches but nothing major), but when I try to load a new Rom, I am unable to get an touchscreen overlay or navigate to the settings menu (the greenish menu with the space invader icon). The options are there for carried over games but I basically just get the game screen with new roms. I am able to access the white menu (with core settings etc.) but still cannot get an overlay or space invader guy!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m only half way through FF7, which I carried over and still works fine, so I’m in no rush!

Thanks

Chris

Umm… delete your settings file possibly. I’m assuming if you just dragged the entire folder over, then you also dragged old settings? Could affect the outcome… (Just my 2 cents, do a backup of the file just in case I’m wrong. )

Are you using a nightly? Or a stable version?

what is the difference between nightly and stable?

The nightly versions are beta and in-progress development, that’s why they are not stable and they have so many glitches/errors but may have also new features ? i don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: on the other hand stable releases are more stable and less glitchy than nighlty versions.