[RA 1.0.0.2 vs RA 1.2.2] Which version do you prefer and why?

I think RA 1.2.2 has better menu and less bugs than RA 1.0.0.2… But RA 1.0.0.2 hangs my vWii many less times and has way better FBA and SNES-Next cores.

For now I’m on 1.2.2 but I’m really tempted to revert back to 1.0.0.2

1.2.2 all the way… after configuring everything correctly there is no point to use old outdated cores (well, maybe snes9x next core only for yoshi’s island).

I have found 1.0.0.2 much more stable and capable for arcade cores (FBA generic, FBA CP1/CPS2/NeoGeo) with 240p/224p modes on CRT that the 1.2.x branch. I tried to do testing of my compatibility list for those cores and ROMsets but was just too unstable to continue. The resolution saving fixes and a few other feature enhancements are nice but brought in some instability with them and for me I prefer the older version with better compatibility and just sacrifice newer features. Some of the cores have grown in size too, which means this will use more RAM and thus squeeze out larger ROMs of the compat list that were pushing the limit as it was previously. This is all really only specific to Arcade though.

1.0.0.2 for me as I can’t remap the Gamecube controller in any of the newer builds!

So you can’t plop the newer cores into the older RGUI?

1.0.0.2 for me. 1.2.2 has audio issues with 240p resolution. If they fix that as well as a few other glaring issues and it’ll be fine.

1.0.0.2 for playing, 1.2.2 for testing and helping the devs to make RA a better software. Hope one day it will be stable enough to play with and not just to test new functionality or report bugs.

Yes its posible, you can build for example a nestopia core up to date and compile it with old RGUI 1.0.0.2

But the problem are new cores or the new RGUI (or both)? We all know Snes9x-Next 1.0.0.2 works better than Snes9x-Next 1.2.2: how can I have the 1.0.0.2 emulation with 1.2.2 functionality?

Why is 1.2.2 so broken compared to the fairly stable 1.0.0.2, wouldn’t it have been better to call 1.0.0.2 FINAL and polish off many of the minor niggles that were there?

Concentrating maybe on fixing he controls in Forgotten Worlds, getting Radien and R-Type to work, the SNES overscan crop bug and other stuff?

I love Retroarch running on my nearly decade old Wii. It is the next best thing to a real retro console hardware collection. Plus running on real Nintendo hardware feels a whole lot less sterile than running it on a PC or Android TV box.

[QUOTE=mehzemo;27978]But the problem are new cores or the new RGUI (or both)? We all know Snes9x-Next 1.0.0.2 works better than Snes9x-Next 1.2.2: how can I have the 1.0.0.2 emulation with 1.2.2 functionality?[/QUOTE]

First by compiling an old “snes9x next” core (I used/tested the one after crop overscan fix), then build both snes9x next libretro wii.a core with latest RGUI 1.2.2. Yoshi’s Island runs ok again, no lag at the intro with the rotating island. But after playing a bit, I guess the emulator behaves way better with 1.0.0.2. I did some changes to the overclock SFX setting, no need of 40MHz, with 20MHz runs good, no more little audio crackling between fade/switching screens, I know it’s a tiny issue, almost imperceptible, but I wanted to correct it for testing purposes.

Would you mind share your snes9x next core compiled for the 1.2.2 with 1.0.0.2 performances? :slight_smile:

Seconded, we’d love to have this build available :smiley:

Download it here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2234&page=24&p=28228&viewfull=1#post28228 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=retrogamer;28229]Download it here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2234&page=24&p=28228&viewfull=1#post28228 :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Works beautifully.

I still use RA because of the arcade compatibility, i don’t know why but the cores keep growing and some game are left out because of ram space. Besides, PCFX, and PC Engine CD are not working at all in 1.2.2