RA 1.3 Wii/GCN Bug reports

[QUOTE=gravity;33818]Beerbarian, that sounds like the game is running too slow and taking input faster than it can use it, so the input is basically lagging behind the game until it can catch up to what it already received. I had the same thing happen to me with many games on a not-powerful-enough laptop, where it just couldn’t run many games well enough. Input would get lagged so bad I had to not press anything for a while and wait for the game to catch up. So that input stickiness sounds a lot like the Wii being a little too underpowered. Unless it’s happening in menus too. [/QUOTE] No, it’s nothing of the sort. We’re not talking weak laptops here, this is specific to Wii. The game runs full speed and the Wii is very capable of running this title on the FBA core. It’s a long running bug reported on other threads and has to do with input scanning where a button press keeps going too long. It’s not performance lag as you have described it. And yes it sometimes presents itself in menus. It was worse in older versions. You would press A to go into directory to select a game but it would go ahead and pick the first one anyway as if you kept the button pressed, or pressed it twice. To avoid this glitch you would have to be very nimble with the button press in the menu. Very quick taps. It’s gotten better in recent builds and menu navigation seems very stable, but still shows up on occasion in very twitchy games. If you were testing long enough you would recognise it.

I just did a quick test there with the same syscard3.pce BIOS and CUE/BIN files that work in 1.0.0.2 and no, I could not boot them either. Black screen freeze. I didn’t experiment too much with setting paths etc.

I don’t believe there was ever a MAME core in RetroArch for Wii/GC. All arcade emulating is via Final Burn Alpha cores.

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;33695]Yeah, there’s a mix of that. I’ll upload the source later, this is really a backup of an old setup I had available. Noticed I’m wrong about the snes9x build it doesn’t have the GC controller workaround and still requires turning off the wiimote, will update when I get the chance.

EDIT: Updated link:

-Added source. -Added an alternate gx_input_joypad.c, that prioritizes the GC controller. -Changed GC controller’s L/R from full press to half press. -Changed default axis_threshold to 0.1, this doesn’t really matter since you can change it to whatever in the config or with RGUI. -Included an extra snes9x_next compiled with the alternate gx_input_joypad.c[/QUOTE]

It seems FBA CPS1 core is missing!

A serious flaw with 1.3.0 RA, so uh, when you load it for the first time, it doesn’t actually “detect” the classic controller, but rather, forces the user to map each of the menu bindings one by one. For the life of me, I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn’t navigate. Please fix it so the next time one has a fresh install, that the Classic Controller actually allows one to navigate easier instead of using the standard Wii remote. Thank you.

Edit:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island fails to boot, in fact, it causes a DSI exception on the Snes9x Next core; 1.2.2 and 1.0.0.2 worked with the game, so this is a regression.