RA 1.6 Controller Inputs

Hi all,

So excited for RA 1.6 especially the raw input module. The question I have is simply this. I have 10 controllers plugged into the box that I built as I am going for the most authentic experience possible.

2-NES 2-SNES 2-GEN 4-N64

Is there a way in RA 1.6 to set the input specifically for the core and save it so I dont have to fiddle with it each time. For instance in RA 1.3.6 I have each core with a specific config so I set in the NES core player one is the NES controller 1 and player 2 is the NES controller 2 etc. Is this possible? I couldnt find a way to do it in versions after 1.3.6.

I don’t leave a bunch of pads plugged in, so I can’t guarantee that these strategies will do what you want, but you can always back up your installation and revert back if it doesn’t pan out.

The easiest way is to use a launcher like launchbox or hyperspin or whatever and set up separate configs with autoconfig disabled and the desired pad hard-mapped to the config. Then, in the launcher, use the -c command line switch to point to the config when a game for that system is loaded.

The harder way is to disable autoconfig and then add those same hard mappings to a core override. Overrides aren’t meant to hold mapping info and those lines will get wiped out if you re-save a new override for that core. However, if you set the override to read-only once you have it set up, it should be safe. This, of course, means your settings are a hassle to change, so you’ll want to make sure you have it all figured out beforehand.

This is the sole issue that prevents me from using RA. I keep hoping the devs will add the ability to do controller mapping in a more versatile, easy way like in MAME— press TAB, choose your core controller config, and do 1:1 button/axis assignments. Save and done. Completely painless and intuitive.