RA only seeing 5 controllers

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to solve the issue of RetroArch only seeing 5 controllers? Here is some background, I have usb adapters so I can use all of the original controllers from the systems…I built a box that has two usb hubs on it and all the controller inputs for nes, snes, genesis, and n64. I need 2 usb wires to the computer to get all of the working in windows, and I use launchbox as my front end which btw is really excellent. My issue is that in retroarch I can only see 5 out of the 10 controllers plugged into the system (windows can see them all). The reason I want this to be able to see all the controllers is so that i dont have to keep climbing down (laziness lol) and plugging the other usb in and unplugging the other one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not expert on this exact scenario, but my assumption would be the problem lies within the hubs. Possibly some confusion when you have so many devices going in through a single USB port.

If your USB Hub is able to be powered, I’d suggest trying that. Otherwise, you might just need to get it extended so the hub isn’t something that has to be reached down for.

ANOTHER option, is if windows is recognizing all your controllers, is to use Xpadder.

I setup a single keyboard profile, and then map all my USB controllers to that profile. That way whenever I plug them in they are doing the same thing. It sort of ‘skips’ RetroArch’s method for configuring controllers independently.

Hope some of those ideas help.

Thanks for the response, while I did upgrade my usb hubs to 3.0 with an external power and they seem much more stable, that didnt solve the issue. I did however see a setting at the top of the input section that says number of joysticks and what do you think it is set to…5…lol, I will try and up this number and see if it works. All this to be lazy and no have to get up and unplug things.

I have a similar issue in that it involves controllers. i have original controllers hooked up as well. 2xPS1, 2xSNES, and then two xbox controllers. everything shows up on the yellow status messages, but no matter what input driver I select, I can never map anything to the other controllers. Only controller that I can map to is the 1st xbox controller. Because of this I only use RA for handheld systems since it is fine to use the one xbox controller for that. But I wish RA could not only see every controller, but also let them be mapped. Even my front end can see everything and apply a navigation profile to any controller I pick up. I’m sure that the masterminds behind RA can make this all seamless, because well, they are amazing!