RA: PCSX ReARMed crashing on Final Fantasy 7 - ios 9.35

Tested these in order:

and results were:

• first one: no problem loading a saved stated, tried 20x without failing;
  • second one: crashed at second sequential attempt to load save state; but after that crashed immediately on first attempt; then it crashed either on first or second attempt;
  • last one: same behavior as second one.
1 Like

@AfonsoH Okay, now we know that error loading save from a snapshot is still relevant in the new version c2d67cd (and it started after September 19, 2016), regardless of whether it runs on iOS5 or iOS9. I’m pretty sure this is the same error that causes random crashes in games.

Just so you understand the version markings:

• if the version is name pcsx_rearmed-2000-00-10_r22_0000000 without additional prefixes, then this is original code.
  • if after that something else is written like “_NO_SAUCE” or “_FIX_CACHE” or something else, then these are versions with code modification.
  • … “-no_sign” just says that the core is not signed by the Apple Developer Certificate.

Now you can write about the error loading a snapshot in version c2d67cd and no crashes in version 1fedf1e in this GitHub topic (don’t talk about modified versions - these are just our experiments and they can confuse developers): [iOS5 - iOS9] BIG BUG in 80% games / application random crashes when using dynarec x32

Strong interest in this topic can speed up the fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I tried to call the developer NOTAZ into the topic - he started developing this emulator, and he also made changes on September 19, 2016. If he finds the time to join, he will definitely be able to fix this moment.

@AfonsoH I tried to combine old dynamic recompilation code from core 1fedf1e(2016-09-19) with the new version core c2d67cd(2021-02-17). I hope that I linked everything correctly - since “1fedf1e” never worked on iOS5 i have no way to check it.

This version are not signed a Apple developer certificate(only for jailbreak/appsync). :slightly_smiling_face:

This should give you better games compatibility, new functions and hacks (in general - all fixes released in the last 5 years). Unlike the original version, this should NOT HAVE random crashes.

But disadvantage of this approach is that graphical fixes released after 2016 are not included here.

Done. Let’s hope it helps.

Thanks! Will try it later today.

1 Like

Thanks! I can confirm that this is working perfectly. No crashes!

1 Like