RA Shutting down running GB/GBC

So just installed everything fresh today and trying RA out for the first time.

So far I’ve been able to get most emu/roms working but GB and GBC just closes retroarch when I try to load a game

Windows 10 RA 1.3.6

I’ve tried Emux / Gambatte and the TGB one.

Loaded the roms, Scanned the directory and set the playlist to use them (Tried each one) and all of them just close RetroArch and that’s it. I read that Gambatt seems to be the choice of most so is there anything specific to get this to run for GB and GBC games?

Thanks much :slight_smile:

Do they run if you load manually (that is, ‘load core’, ‘load content’ select file)? If so, it’s an issue with your playlist. You can go to settings > playlist and assign a core to a playlist to make sure it’s using the right one.

Even manually would not load but I did set the Playlist already.

I totally removed them and added back everything and now it works.

Not sure if I did anything different but re-download the core and reset the play list and both seems to be loading up now. :slight_smile:

Whatever works :slight_smile:

Glad you got it going.

Figuring out what was causing it not to run and RA crash.

I have a HTPC connected in my living room that I’m setting all this up on and I use VNC from my main desktop to it to do any installs/updates for when I dont want to turn on the big tv etc. While the VNC is connected the GB/GBC Cores won’t run. Others work fine but for some reason this one does not.

Just wanted to update in case anyone run into a similar situation. Once i disconnected from VNC on that PC it loaded the roms fine