[Raspberry Pi] Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and OpenELEC 6.0.3?

So I just went out and bought a wireless Xbox 360 controller that comes with a USB dongle to connect it to a PC. It was my understanding that the controller would work “out of the box”. This simply is not the case. I’ve tried to get a 3rd party driver to install on my Pi to allow me to use the controller, but it’s just not working. I can get the driver to load up manually through SSH, and can verify the driver is receiving input signals from the controller. However, when I’m inside RetroArch, I can’t map any of the buttons. For instance, I’m trying to remap the center GUIDE button to bring up the RetroArch menus. But when I bring it up to accept the new key, the 5 second input timer runs out before it detects the button press. If I have SSH running along side, I can see the driver running and all my attempts at pressing the button. Anybody had any luck here that can give me some help?!

For reference, here is a link to the “walkthrough” I am trying to follow: http://blog.lms-dev.com/raspberry/openelec-on-raspberry-with-an-xbox-360-controller/

The only thing I’ve changed is the install location because I don’t have write permission to the /bin path. Everything else is exactly the same. Yet it doesn’t work!

Solved my own problem. In trying to investigate if the 3rd party driver was even loading at boot, I # commented out certain parts. I also tried completely removing it since it wasn’t auto starting. Turns out, I didn’t even need it. It worked with that controller “out of the box”. I guess the 3rd party driver is what people need if they want to control Kodi with their Xbox 360 controller (which I don’t). So, sorry guys. Nevermind! :slight_smile: