Raspberry Pi2 Segmentation Fault on all Cores?

I’ve been working with “zachmorris” over at Kodi.tv with his addon “Internet Archive Rom Launcher”. He’s the programmer, and I’m pretty much the guinea pig tester since he didn’t have a Pi. Anyway, we found a build on the OpenELEC boards where somebody had compiled a version of Retroarch to run on the Pi, and we’ve been testing with that (see the last couple of pages for the build we’re using). We finally have a working system in place, but now I’m having issues with Retroarch itself. Specifically I’m getting “Segmentation Fault” errors on every single core installed. Sometimes it happens in the first few seconds, other times in a minute or so. It happens regardless if I have a controller plugged in or not. I’m not sure if he’s having trouble or not though. What I will say is that the chosen cores and roms DO run, they just crap out. I did a completely fresh install tonight so I’m using the base default configs that everybody else seems to be using. I haven’t made any changes.

Is there anyway I can get a better log to post for somebody to help me figure out what’s causing them? I can get the --verbose log, but it just shows the loading of the config and then the rom is running before it craps out with that error. Is it maybe build of RetroArch we’re using? Apparently we’re using an older version that had a bug with a constantly showing FPS meter, and a newer version doesn’t have that. But when I look for an updated build, I don’t see one for the Pi guys. I’d like to be using the latest version of RetroArch and the cores if I could… where do I find them? Any help you guys can provide me would be very useful!

Please note - I’ve only had my Pi2 for like 2 months, and it is my very first exposure to this form of environment and OS. I have NO experience in Linux. But I am computer smart, like way more than a lot of people (but probably not you guys!). So if you can provide me with instructions I will try to understand and do whatever is needed. I am somewhat familiar with SSH (that’s how I was able to determine the error) and can sFTP into the box to access files for editing.

i would suggest running it in gdb to get a backtrace of the crash but i dont think that’s available in OpenElec.

gdb is available on OpenELEC builds if you enable it in the option file before building.

RetroArch and libretro cores are very stable on the RPi and RPi2, for information, I use it everday for more than 2 years.

This idea of streaming ROMs from internet archive is nice.