Recent commit breaks iOS 11 building

I do realize that iOS 11 support is a work in progress. However, it WAS working on Christmas Day. Somewhere around the 3 or so of January, I pulled the latest changes, but was getting various build errors. Something about Nintendo macros. I don’t recall ATM. Most recent pull, as of a few hours ago, works fine on the Simulator, but throws Linker errors when I select my actual device. Seems strange to me that it works on the Simulators, but not my iPhone 7.

iPhone 7 is connected to my MacBook via USB-Lightning cable, and has 14 GB of free space. I am running the latest Xcode, macOS, and iOS versions, as of this writing.

Reverting to Commit 2be322acbb59468d664cda7a7d3959211691332d allows me to compile, link, and install properly.

Can you open an issue on the RetroArch Github repo’s issue tracker? Include the information you’ve provided here, as well as any compile/link errors you received.

Somebody has already opened an issue on GitHub, with the same problem that I was seeing. I have added my 2 cents, and linked to this topic. GitHub issue

1 Like