Recommended settings and cores - Nvidia Shield TV

Hi,

I have been struggeling to get retroarch up and running for a while now together with my Nvidia Shield Android TV.

PSX emulation - mednafen PSX.

I try to run Tekken 3 but Audio/Video keeps on stuttering and fps is about 45-50. (yes, I have read the thread with stuttering issues, no success). Tekken 3 runs fine and smooth with another emu.

Then I try to run SNES emu - QuickNes. Super mario brothers 3 runs fine but audio is distorted

Nintendo 64 works fine and thats great. :slight_smile:

Now I need help with the best cores for Nvidia Shield and if someone has tips about “optimal” settings for Nvidia Shield.

I have downloaded the latest nightly build but I only get “installation failed” when I try to install it, don’t know why.

Thanks in advance

br Dennis

mednafen-psx is too slow for Shield ATV. Use PCSX-ReARMed instead.

QuickNES is an NES emulator. Use Snes9x or Snes9x2010 for SNES. For NES, Nestopia is a good choice.

[QUOTE=hunterk;50596]mednafen-psx is too slow for Shield ATV. Use PCSX-ReARMed instead.

QuickNES is an NES emulator. Use Snes9x or Snes9x2010 for SNES. For NES, Nestopia is a good choice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Now SNES and NES runs smooth :slight_smile:

I tried the PCSX-rearmed but everytime I try to load the rom it seems like Retroarch crashes and brings me to Android Main Menu. I load the core and look in core information and all the necessary bios are loaded and found by PCSX

Any easy tip? I have only tested with tekken 3 rom, but the rom works on another emu so it shouldn’t be the rom causing trouble.

We’d need a log to know much. Barring that, the first thing to try is another ROM.

What do you use for N64?

Ive used mupen64, dont know if that is the best only. Only tested Mario Kart

My problems are solved.

I downloaded nightly build and installed it. Make sure no SD cards or USB-drives are inserted in the Shield ATV, otherwise the installation will fail.

PSX runs smooth and I can finally play Tekken 3 :wink:

Thank you for the support