Recursively scan directories for content?

If one were to store each of their ROMs in its own directory, the Add Content feature would be quite difficult to use with large collections without recursive scanning.

Similarly, I’d love to point RA at a “content” directory and let it go to town building a collection.

The database/collection stuff is just getting started. We’ll be adding a lot more to it, including recursive scanning, in the future.

That’s great! Looking forward to a Kodi-style experience someday.

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but better than creating another one. Now that boxart/thumbs has been officially added to RetroArch, will recursive scanning be added? I have all my roms in folders by letter to make it easier to find games.

1.3.4 seems like a great release, keep up the good work!

Same question.

I haven’t heard anything about it, but you might try asking ARandomRAUser (or whatever his nick is) or romjacket if either of them would like to add it to their scanning utilities.

I hope the scanning is changed to allow romhacks at some point, or to just pull whatever it finds regardless of whether it matches the database and allow the user to name any unknown roms.

I’ve added recursive scanning as an option with my tool. Haven’t tested it much but it should work. Remember, for thumbs and rom info to download/display properly in RetroArch, the filenames must currently match the database exactly.

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5832