Regarding the bio for PCSX-ReARMed

The info file of PCSX-ReARMed core and the libretro PCSX-ReARMed doc page show the bios needed for this core are scph5500/5501/5502,

which seems not correct.

This core only needs a SCPH1001.BIN according to my test.METAL GEAR SOLID would go black screen if i put scph5500/5501/5502 to system dir and it shows can’t find the bios while MGS works fine when i only put a SCPH1001.BIN to system dir.

Please correct the info file and the description on the libretro doc page of this core.

I have scph5500/1/2 and scph39001, as well as scph1001, and have no issues. Those different BIOSes are required for running games from other regions, AFAIK.

Have you tested MGS without SCHP1001.BIN? And which game would have problems if there were no scph5500/1/2?I want to have a test,because i think scph5500/1/2 are compeletly unnecessary for this core.

1 Like

5501 should be redundant with 1001, since it’s just another hardware revision of the US console. Any PAL game will likely have issues (that is, fall back to the HLE BIOS) if 5502 is missing, and any Japanese game will need 5500.

Thanks,good to know.I just put all the psx bioes to the system dir in case that some games need particular bios.

Hello, I have the same problem I have Batocera 5.25 installed and there are psx roms that do not raise them, after several days of research within the system I found an info file that says that it only reads the bios scph5501 5500 5502 and I need SCPH1001 already that with this version, even if it is older, it runs all the roms without problems, I already made the claim in the forums of batocera and the part of developers and they ask me the same thing that I should not have problems with new versions. I’m trying to see if I can add in some configuration file of the PCSX-ReARMed where I can add that reads SCPH1001, have you solved it ?. Cheers