Reicast and PPSSPP Core Android

Hallo,

1. When i use the Online Core Updater to look for the Reicast (Dreamcast) and PPSSP core i can’t find them. I have installed stable version 1.3.6 of Retroarch. Is there already an Android Port of Reicast and PPSSPP for Retroarch? If not, when will it be ported?

2. In former versions of Retroarch there was a possibility in the Settings Menu, that you can use the “Go Back Button” (Button right next to the Home Button) in the Menu of Retroarch, for example on an Android Tablet. Where can i activate the Go Back Button in the settings that i can go back in the Retroarch menu without using the touch screen?

3. I also can’t find the PCSX rearmed core in the version 1.3.6. There is only the Mednafen PSX core. Does anybody know what happened with the PCSX rearmed core??

Reicast isn’t available on mobile yet. No ETA.

I believe there’s a standalone port. PPSSPP and PCSX-ReARMed should be there. I use PCSX-ReARMed on my Shield regularly, and I see both it and PPSSPP cores on the buildbot, so they should be in the updater, as well: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/

Back button behavior changed a few versions ago, I think, and there’s no way to return to the previous behavior. You’ll need to navigate with either the touchscreen or a physical controller.

The sooner the Reicast core is on Android,the sooner we can actually have analog mapped to anything. Still wished they would add it in the stand-alone so it wouldn’t be mandatory to use either a gamepad (I can’t use one sadly) or the frustrating touch controls. (kept dying in SA2 on touch controls in City Escape death pits on my no longer stable x86 tablet) It was even a pain getting analog working with a gamepad that one time I had it out because of the automated nonsense.

Hallo hunterk,

Is it possible that the processor of my Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) isn’t compatible with the armeabi-v7a chipset? When I take a look at the latest nightlies I can only find the PPSSPP core in section armeabi-v7a. In the latest armeabi section there is no PPSSPP core. I have installed the 1.3.6 stable version. Maybe the stable version is on the basis of armeabi?

Ah, yeah, that’s possible. I would have thought it would fall under armeabi-v7a but I guess not :frowning: