Reicast Android testing?

So I thought I would give the new core a test… Anyone else trying it??

I am not seeing anyone comment.

Anyway it seems the core has some way to go before being a pleasureable experience.

Here is my SIMPLE testing rundown RA 1.7.3 stable? (Maybe i forget) Core updated 17/08/2018 Samsung S7 Android 8.0 All on stock core options

Alien Front Online - crashed at gameplay 1st time, got into game 2nd run…getting fps up to high 40s and down to mid 20s in heavy scenes

Aqua GT - Crash on load every time

Bomberman Online - Crosh on load 1st time…2nd run got to game load and crashed. Was a couple of long black screens which needed a start button press to bring the screen back. Possibly coincidence

Bust-a-move 4 - Crash on load content every time

Caesars Palace 2000 - Millennium Gold Edition Crash after BIOS everytime

Capcom vs. SNK - Millennium Fight 2000 Pretty decent test on this. Had 4 or 5 fights and was getting fairly steady 45-51fps in game

Chaso Field - Booting and running high 40 fps in menu dropping down to 20-28fps in game

Dead or Alive 2 - in game is running slow mid 20s to mid 30s but gameplay felt slower and buttons laggy. Graphics were decent though

Ikaruga - crashed 1st time…got into game 2nd run but crashed about 2s in

Tony Hawks 2 - long black screens with menu sounds. Got into menu screen after some random button mashing. Menu ok after then crash as gameplay starts

Similar thing with Crazy Taxi without the long black screens.

Generally the graphics look pretty good…but I was getting crashes after closig content and starting new games.

Looking forward to the future of this android core and the Naomi/Atomiswave testing reports.

Cool stuff.

Can anyone tell what android version is the minimum? Some people tested on GPD XD that runs android 4.4 and supports openGL3.1 , but apparently doesn’t work.

You might want to test the threaded rendering core option for improved performance. If you do though, make sure you set Poll Type Behavior to ‘Early’ or you might experience issues with the Reicast core.