Reicast configuration

I am trying to map reicast to its own configuration. But my up down left right don’t work once I pass the time setup screen. When I press F1 I see d-up d-left maps to my keypad.

Did I do something wrong.

Could be an analog vs dpad situation? I’m not super-familiar with that core but it may be listening for analog input. Since you’re using an I-PAC, your best bet is probably to map the analog controls to your digital direction buttons and turn on the ‘analog dpad’ option.

I tried your Suggestion and that didn’t help If I go to the Input with the core it maps the Keypad arrows and Not the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT as the other Cores do. How do I get this to Inherit the arrow keys and not the Keypad keys?

Do you know anything about NULLDC becuase this works but prefer to use Reicast if I can.

Dunno, could be an issue with the core. It’s still very new/WIP.

As for NullDC, no, I have no experience with it.

NullDC is still far more compatible and reliable than reicast at the moment. You should probably use it.

I have all the cores that i want to use in Retroarch working with the exception of Reicast. 1: In RetroArch I choose load core and pick Reicast 2: Load content and pick Sonic Adventures 2 3. Reicast launches the BIOS which shows the Dreamcast intro and then Time selection screen 4. I use the IPAC-2 controller to navigate time settings. Joystick and buttons work 5. Game launches and I can use the buttons to moves through the screens to the main game 6. The UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT don’t do anything at this point 7. Press F1 to enter the RetroArch settings, I can use the joystick to navigate the menu and buttons to select and go back 8 I go to settings Input and select user 1 and look at the mapping for UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT and see its mapped to up down left right. 9. I select the UP and enter a new entry with the Controller. I move the joystick up and it changes up to keypad8.

this may be a core mapping issue or I overlooked something. All the other cores will map the joystick as up down left right.

Anyone have a suggestion of what else I can do.

I noticed a similar problem myself last night. RetroArch works perfectly on every other core for me. I use Xpadder to set my controls to a keyboard, and I have the same settings set across all cores.

IN game though on reicast, my d-pad’s up and down are swapped. Yet in the menus they function perfectly.

Then there’s the issue with saving to memory cards… but that’s another discussion for another thread.