Reicast core not loading

Hello. So i’m trying Reicast core but when i press “load core” nothing happends. Still says “no core”. I created a dc folder in Retroarch system, with the bios in it. Other cores like fba work as they should.

I’m running playstore Retro, kit kat 4.4.2 on my Note 3 samsung.

Thank you!!

1 Like

If it still says “no core” that means the core is failing to even link, so we would need a log to know what’s happening to it.

How would I be able to get a Log File of what is happening on Android? Core works great on my Windows (x64), but on my Android Device, I try to Load the Core, and it fails to Load it, and brings me back to the Main Screen showing No Core.

Reason I ask, is I want to test it on my GPD XD (think either x32 or x86). Getting Cheats together for a Database. Got MvsC2 (GDI->CHD), but I think I wont be able to get anything else besides MK Gold. Lot of Codes are much higher Addresses, and the RetroArch Cheat Engine is limited to a Max of xxFFFFFF Address.

try these instructions: https://docs.libretro.com/guides/generating-retroarch-logs/#generating-logs-in-android

Will try and see if I can do that. In the meantime

The Core File shows the following: reicast_libretro_android.so Size - 18.66 MB (19,565,184 Bytes) both Size and Used

Is that info correct? Updated last Night, but still did not Load.

OK, I think what is needed is the Red Error Lines for RetroArch

Failed to open libretro core: “/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/reicast_libretro_android.so”

Error(s): dlopen failed: cannote locate symbol “rand” referenced by “reicast_libretro_android.so”…

Recently updated my phone to lollipo 5.0 hoping for the issue to go away, but the behaviour is just the same :frowning: With recent Retroarch builds, the core doesn’t link (it says “no core”) and reverting back to an old build cca 2014 - 2015 (which worked the best for me in terms of stability), the core loads but after loading a game it instanly crushes.

OK, the Reicast Core now Loads…but:

1: System Clock never gets Saved

2: No matter what Game I choose, I always get sent to the System (Dreamcast) Menu/BIOS (Play, File, Music, Settings). Pressing A on Play just give the BIOS Message “Please insert game disc.”

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is for PC. For Android, it will Load, but when I try to run a Game, the RA App Crashes.

You have probably not supported roms, try the .gdi from the eye.

Same issue here. Hiping that 1.7.5 would fix it. I know the roms i am trying to launch worked like one month ago. Now, sometimes they load, sometimes they don’t. Some of them don’t load at all, some others load some times but some other time not. Sometimes, RA crashes in BIOS, as mentioned above time is not saved…

This is on Android, Nvidia Shield. Something seriously broke in the latest builds …

Actually, the PC Version Loaded the Games with no Issues, except for Mortal Kombat Gold. That made it to the Sega Splash Screen, then RetroArch Crashed.

I am having the same issue. Everything worked fine until right now, when I updated the core to the latest one. It is sending me every time to the system screen. How did you manage to make them work again?

EDIT: If it helps all my DC roms are CHDs. PLEASE do not tell me that the CHD support was changed and older versions are not supported now :open_mouth:

EDIT 2: Reverted to the September version. All is good again.

Ok, this is weird. I have 2 Android Devices GPD XD and a LG G Pad X 8.0 GPD will not load the Core. LG will Load the Core, but I only go to the BIOS Menu no matter what.

Yeah, i have thw same issue, the core is not loading (with latest builds) or crashing at loading game with older version.

A quick question: Should a version like RetroArch-armv7-v1.0.0.1-r30 - still be theoretically ok in terms of functionality? Do newer cores NEED new Retroarch builds? Everything new from mame, fba, psx, sharp, snes - works well except for Reicast.

Does anyone have a earlier Build of Reicast that worked? Just so I can have a Backup until a newer Build is released.

It is not related to games being in CHD format, mine are all gdi that were working perfectly before the latest builds. Also, updated core again yesterday, now it freezes and crashes always at the time input screen in BIOS. Again, this is the 32bit Android build.

I will provide you the Latest release prior this one once I reach my office (driving atm).

Edit: this happens to me as well as another user in the PC version as well.

As Smoker1 pointed out, the system clock settings do not get saved, rendering Typing of the Dead impossible to play, since you need the controller to press ‘confirm’ on the settings, and since you have to reset the core to have the keyboard plugged in.

Here you go (29th Sep release): https://ufile.io/78fr8

Hoping for this matter to be fixed.

Any chance you know what Android Build had a Working one? The LG Tab, I am not concerned about. But the GPD XD, would like to get it for. Only problem is, not sure which Android type to get.

GPD XD Specs:

Rockchip RK3288 / ARM Cortex-A17 / 2GB DDR3-SDRAM / ARM Mali-T764 / 1280x720p

Also, want to figure something out: Which Device is more to work with - The XD or the Vita?

Vita Specs:

Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore / 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM / Quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4+ / 960x544 qHD