Reicast core on android?

Hi any chance to have the reicast core available on android one day? These emu was initially create for android device and it would be so nice to use it on shield tv. Is it possible or so difficult to port ? Thanks

6 Likes

The problem is to wear and stay the same colors PPSSPP, 4DO, Melonds these colors become extremely slow, getting almost injurious, I recommend in these cases to use external versions in android: Nintendo ds the best option = Drastic, PSP = PPSSPP external, 3DO = Real3DOPlayer, Reicast picks up, the latest build for android here.

http://builds.reicast.com/

Yes i use these but I would use the retroach features like shaders etc…

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/introducing-reicast-oit-libretro-core-updated-reicast-regular-core/

“Reicast regular: Contains an OpenGL renderer that requires OpenGL 2.x on the desktop and GLES 2.x on mobile.”

I think Reicast OIT should be available via FullGL for stuff like ShieldTV provided its drivers can handle that correctly,same for the Mupen core stuff for GLideN64 since it was proven possible by stand-alone Mupen64Plus FZ Edition in order to render near-plane clipping perfectly for things like Link’s slingshot visibility bug on GLES.

Please do get the port up and running for Android,the stand-alone of Reicast STILL frustratingly lacks input mapping for the analog stick to this day. >:[

yeah it would be great since reicast is originally made for android device

I completely agree, except there are some games that still have issues, such as the Full metal alchemist one and the Simpson’s one.

If you can get past the poor rom selection ui and want a fast gameplay experience, try this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpu.free.dsemulatorv6

This is pretty nonsensical,reicast was built for mobile systems,it works on even the weakest mobile systems,you guys have been experimenting with it a while now on weaker systems like the Raspberry pi,yet it’s not out on the systems it was originally built for…is there any way to hack retroarch for mobile systems to add it in…like the way you can add ports to Raspberry pi? so you can launch it from within retroarch and when you close it it goes bac to retroarch…the same goes for Dolphin…can we just add a link to the .so file …it’s annoying to have to exit retroarch everytime you want to use reicast or dolphin…plus at the rate things are going mobile users ,android tv users,nvidia shield users wont get to use naomi and supermodel cores either…it’s good that there’s retroarch for the mobile,but with the lack of support…maybe mobile users are just better off downloading individual emulators …it’s bad enough that emulationstation has kept mobile users in the dark for years forcing them to use second rate frontends,at least retroarch allowed us to have most of our emulators in one place

RetroArch isn’t a launcher. You can’t just add stuff to it, it has to be ported to the libretro API first.

IIRC, the reason Reicast doesn’t work through RetroArch on Android is related to the dynarec not being compatible with running as a dynamic library on that architecture. There’s not really anything to be done about that except fix/rewrite the dynarec. If you know someone that can do that, be sure to send them our way.

Sure, nobody’s making you use RetroArch.

1 Like