REICAST for Retroarch (Android)

Any idea when this will be released?? I just saw on one of the announcements on the home page that this release is imminent…

Any info. would be greatly appreciated…

Not too soon for android

I don’t understand. Reicast started on Android.

But we haven’t focused on android yet.

Split screen don’t work any old ways.

Any new updates on the android release for Reicast through Retroarch? Thanks!

Anxious for it as well. I’m hoping the sprites problems with 2D games will be fixed. (CVS2 and MVC2 work well in recent Reicast builds but CVS1 and SF3 still have issues).

Thank you!!

If the core was on Android,I could actually use it because the mappable analog unlike the stand alone. (Come on dammit Reicast team,why wasn’t this addressed after all this time? It makes almost everything unplayable for those of us stuck without use of a proper controller,even setting up a controller that one time was a pain because analog failed to work without many problems in between.)

[QUOTE=RaduNastase;40696]Anxious for it as well. I’m hoping the sprites problems with 2D games will be fixed. (CVS2 and MVC2 work well in recent Reicast builds but CVS1 and SF3 still have issues).

Thank you!![/QUOTE] CVS2 and MVC2 never worked well for me, sadly, so if RA makes a core for it, they should fix some things.

Sprites in capcom vs snk 2 and mvsc 2 are fixed in latest reicast nightly, at least in my device

I think it is because the backgrounds in both games (CVS2 and MVC2) are 3D and that’s why the game looks perfect now with the latest reicast build.

On the other hand, CVS1 and SF3 have 2D backgrounds and those lines around the characters seem to be related to that. I can actually reproduce the exact same graphical glitch in CVS1 on psx in Retroarch (ReArmed) if i enable HiResolution in core settings. So i guess it should not be very hard to fix it in either reicast or future retroarch core :slight_smile: These are all such beautiful looking games and it would be a shame to not be glitch free.

I’ve never gotten anything with a split screen to work in Reicast. Anyone else?