Reicast Via Rocketlauncher

Hey all o/

I’m new to retroarch and looking for some advice.

I have had no problems at all following Simply Austin vids from youtube and have set up a number of systems, nes, snes, genesis etc. Heres my problem, I know reicast is at an early stage but when i use retroarch on its own to load Dreamcast games they work fine, but when i load a game through rocketlauncher, i get to the set date and time screen and then retroarch pauses\crashes, i say pause because in the bottom left of the screen it says paused but i cant unpause or enter the options (F1) of retroarch, before the pause thing appears, i can get into the options (F1) of retroarch but after i exit options it just pauses\crashes and i have to task manager quit the retroarch program. As i said retroarch on its own works fine but not with rocketlauncher but only with reicast. my other systems launch and play fine in retroarch via rocketlauncher.

Thanks for any help you guys can give with this :slight_smile:

You can probably get a more precise help on this in RocketLauncher forums, they are very supportive there. It`s probably a module setting in RocketLauncher interfering somehow.

I’ve gotta agree, rocketlauncher.com forums would be the best place to ask.

Still, I use RA and RL together, as well as the Reicast core. I’ve never hada this particular issue pop up that I can remember.

The corner ‘pause’ thing only ever happened to me when I clicked on another screen, or another program popped up and RA lost focus. Alt+Tab fixed it for me. HyperSpin in particular does this sometimes since it insists on being in front.

Either way, make sure you check the log on RocketLauncher, and maybe even on RetroArch too. That can show you where the problems come from sometimes.

1 Like

hey all :slight_smile:

thanks for the replies, it was as you suggested SkyHighGam3r, Alt-Tab fixes it, somehow RA is losing focus, as soon as i Alt-Tab the game loads as normal.

thanks for your help

is there a way to tell which program is taking the focus, when i do Alt-Tab, i don’t see an indicator anywhere ?

thanks again for your help guys :+1:

Unless it’s some process that’s exiting or vanishing, usually whatever you Alt+Tab over to is the one that was last selected. If you hold Alt while you hit tab a few times you should see the onscreen indicator for which program is which.