Remapping of analog sticks broken since 1.7.8?

Hi!

I noticed that in RetroArch 1.7.8 remapping of analog sticks doesn’t work properly anymore. For example for Turok 1/2/3 on N64 I’m using modern twin stick controls like this which worked in 1.7.7 and lower versions:

input_player1_btn_l2 = "11"
input_player1_btn_r2 = "12"
input_player1_stk_l_x+ = "20"
input_player1_stk_l_x- = "21"
input_player1_stk_l_y+ = "22"
input_player1_stk_l_y- = "23"
input_player1_stk_r_x+ = "16"
input_player1_stk_r_x- = "17"
input_player1_stk_r_y+ = "19"
input_player1_stk_r_y- = "18"

But now the behaviour is somewhat strange. Moving forwards works, moving backwards does not and looking around also moves the player sidewards. The issue is not bound to a specific OS or core. I tried macOS and Android with ParaLLEl N64 and PCSX ReARMed with the same result.

I can confirm the analog stick remapping issue that has appeared with the new release of 1.7.8. After some testing, this is what I found:

• if the control settings stay at default, everything works as intended
  • remapping a new button to any of the 4 directions of the right stick won’t work at all
  • remapping a new button to up and left of the LEFT stick causes the button to be also mapped to up and left of the RIGHT stick
  • remapping a new button to down and right of the LEFT stick causes the button to be mapped to down and right of the RIGHT stick, but not the LEFT stick at all

control_test

I have the same problem. Did you guys find any solution for this? Using a PS4 controller and need to switch the analog stick, but when i do they dont work. It makes playing games with analog sticks practically unplayable

For the few games that I play with analog stick remapping, I just use RetroArch 1.7.7.

Oh well, then I guess I’ll just have to google how to compile older Retroarch versions:)

You can find older stable versions here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/

Wohoo!!!

I was just reading how to compile RetroArch. It seemed pretty daunting.

Thanks for this mate.

Cheers!

Yeah I’ve got the same result here yesterday and thought I was going crazy. I made a topic yesterday not know that this one already existed. I just went back to using 1.7.7 since I never do overlap installs just in case something like this might happen.

Fix is in: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/dec30677d95880d1890f36b518fe6c59a2a1edc6

1 Like

Please forgive my ignorance, but how do I implement that fix?

Download the latest nightly. Not sure if a build with the fix is up yet though.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll wait till tomorrow to see if the nightly has this fix.

Good thing i saw this thread before i would play my dual analog Goldeneye setup. I would spend all day trying to figure out why it doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue: