Remapping the NeGcon default button mapping

I recently discovered the awesome ability to use my Xbox controller as a NeGcon which is great for the PS1 games that supported it. I was wondering if it is possible to change the default button mappings that are applied when switching to NeGcon mode? The default works well however it can sometimes be a bit awkward using the analogue buttons 1 + 2 (mapped to the triggers) and the shoulder buttons (mapped to the bumpers) at the same time.

I’ve tried changing the mappings in the usual Port 1 Controls, however this seems to create another input on top of the default button mapping. For example in Rollcage, if I remap the Xbox controller’s A button to R1 (fire weapon), the car will fire a weapon but also accelerate as if I am holding the analogue button 1 down (which is the default mapping of the NeGcon to Xbox controller).

Hopefully this is in the right place, I’m quite new to the forum and thought this would be the place to ask in case I’ve missed some NeGcon specific input settings within Retroarch or a config file. Many thanks!

This is a fine place :slight_smile:

the negcon implementation is weird and fairly hardcoded I think. I’m not sure if you can move anything around.

1 Like

Cheers for the response hunterk :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to experiment with Universal Control Remapper and see if I can assign all the buttons and axes to a virtual controller and change the mapping this way.

1 Like