Remove keyboard button

Hi there. I have the problem that I have the android version of the emulator, and in the gamepad of the touchscreen there’s a button of a keyboard down in the middle of the screen. If I press it, all overlay dissappears, and I have to reset the phone in order to use the emulator again, because it doesn’t respond, I can’t do anything other than press the home button to return to the desktop. I’d like to remove that button of the retropad, and all pads, so that doesn’t happen anymore. Is there a way?

Sure, just open the gamepad overlay’s cfg file and find-and-replace: osk_toggle with nul

Thanks! But where do I find the file? I can’t seem to find it in the Retroarch directory, and the folder /data/user etc. from the internal memory doesn’t have anything from Retroarch, and the one from the root I can’t access it.

Probably the easiest thing to do is go to settings > directory and change the overlay directory to somewhere user-writeable (somewhere in the user’s RetroArch directory would be good) and then go to the online updater and re-download the overlays into the new location. Then, you should be able to find them without trouble.

I have the same problem as I posted below in “How do I get an onscreen keyboard?”, except I want to actually get a keyboard when I touch the keyboard button. Still no answer.

It worked, hunterk, I now have access to the overlay retropad cfg. The problem is, if I replace with nul the osk_toggle string, only that string, the button is still there, and working. But, if I delete all the string with numbers and everything with just nul, the retropad doesn’t appear, even if I select it from the Onscreen options. I’m sorry for asking this, but, could you make a step by step walkthrough? I think I’m missing something probably a little obvious, but I can’t seem to find what it is.

If you find-and-replace osk_toggle with nul, the button will still be there and will highlight when you touch it, but it shouldn’t do anything.

It worked!!! For some weird reason, there was one line of osk_toggle that the text processor didn’t find. Thanks a lot hunterk!!!

w00t! glad you got it going :slight_smile: