[REQ] Native Input Modes f. 3+3+2 Button-Pad (MD/SAT) & 4+2 Pad (Snes)

A Seperate “Retro Pad” Mode for a 6+2-Button Pad Layout / 6+2-Button Arcade Stick would be great.

I can map a “6+2 Button” Controller like MadCatz Fighting Pad SD in Input Setting but if i set it will play in “snes-mode” (4+2 Buttons) OR in “Genesis/Arcade Mode” (3+3 Buttons) correctly, but not in booth. Think its a easy thing to add another “Retro pad - profile” wich sets such a “6+2 button” fightpad correctly for all systems by default… wich means 4+L+R Button for NES/SNES-like Systems and 6 Buttons on front of the controller for MegaDrive/Genesis and Arcade Games all maped at the same positions as on the original controller-layouts.

You can use core input remapping for this. Just map L1 and R1 on the retropad to your 2 additional face buttons

not bad! BUT

when i did this, the button-order is not correct for all cores.

on MD should be

4,5,6 1,2,3

if i config like you said i have

1,4,5(L) 2,3,6®

if if map the buttons to match the MD-Layout the SNES Core has the wrong Order

TB,L,R LB,BB,RB,

Wish for future to had the follow Layout on 6+2 Button Fight-Pad for:

SNES-Core: LB,TB,unused or L BB,RB ,unused or R and additional L-Trigger for L and R-Trigger for R

MD(Gen)/FBA/MAME Cores: 4,5,6 1,2,3

without config any 6+2-button controller/stick for each core seperatly.

An “Retro-Pad Style” Switch (4+2/4+4/6+2) will allow to match all input/controller Styles with one and the same (optimal) Input-Mapping (based on the actual controller-style/layout)

I think there may be a BIG misunderstanding here… You can use Core remaps for this, if I understood it correctly.

Just like I did with this gamepad:

All buttons are set according to the default mappings (like they would on a x360 pad). And then, In SNES it maps just like you said:

Y - X - L B - A - R

In Mega Drive (and Saturn, and PC-Engine), I set (the obvious) core remaps:

X (Y) - Y (X) - Z (LB) A (B) - B (A) - C (RB) Select is “Mode” (Mega Drive) or the 2b/6b pad switcher (PC Engine)

And then after this setup, they work perfectly, just like the original gamepads.

If the devs start adding exceptions, it would defeat the whole purpose of the retropad, wouldn’t it? Core remaps works just like they would on standalone emulators.

The problem with the MadCatz Fightpad is that they use RB for Z and RT for C. In the case of the MadCatz FightPad (Xbox edition) you can achieve all you want by simply setting all buttons just like:

B button (down): A Y button (left): X Select button: Select Start button: Start A button (right): B X button (top): Y L button (shoulder): LB R button (shoulder): LT L2 button (trigger): RB R2 button (trigger): RT

That way, it maps perfectly to the Super Famicom/SNES pad, without needing to set a core remap for it. To set it for Saturn/MD, just create a core remap with:

User1 A: A User1 X: X User1 B: B User1 Y: Y User1 C: R trigger User1 Z: L trigger User1 L: L bumper User1 R: R bumper

2 Likes

as i understand correct… if i make a core-remap (f.e. MD/Sat/Fba) all controllers will remapped for this cores and not only the controllers with the 6+2 button layout. I want have a “setting” wich allows to remap only the arcade-style Controllers (like Common Fightpads/Arcade Sticks and original Saturn/MD 6 Button Pas as well) and this only for a few cores (pce,md,fba,sat) but without remapping the the button-layout on SNES-like Pads on that.

The Idea was: First I tell RA/Lakka what a actual controller-design i want to use and the default-settings would set belongs to that layout all cores wich benefits in the best possible/authentic button-layout on any system with most types of controllers (and not only for SNES/X-Boy Style Pads) and this right out of the box* (*after first input-mapping for “new” controller)

i use the PS3 and the X-Box360 Edition of the Madcatz Pads. Have 2 Hori Arcade Sticks, 2 Madcatz Arcade Stick (both X-Box 360), Saturn Pad (next a few others) - all these devices lacks on proper default 6-button layout in most cases, If i config it to match MD-Style Input it sucks on SNES-Core if i map to SNES-Style it sucks on MD-Core and if i remap each core i can’t play on this cores with my other (SNES-Pad Style) Controller correctly. Want provide the distro with new Controller-Profiles but i cant set the Input-Mapping for these controllers to work with all Core as aspected. for now i must decide for mapping the 6(+2) Controllers to match “md-style” or “snes-style” mapping or additionaly have to remap to cores but than i remap the Buttons to the 4+2(4+4) Controller at same point. which is a mess in my opinion.

nice Pad btw :slight_smile: