[Request] "Add to Collection" option on Quick Menu for a loaded game

The way collections work now pretty much covers only a “Add everything available” way of use, but with just a couple of tweaks it could be a lot more versatile.

Personally, I’d love to use it as a quick favorites list for each system. If besides of scanning complete directories you could have access to an “Add to/Remove from collection” from the Quick Menu (similar to how Favorites work on Steam’s ingame overlay), you could easily use it in this and more versatile ways.

What would it take? The entry in the Quick Menu just needs to check if it exists on the list file, add it if it doesn’t or remove if it does, and re sort the list alphabetically.

I hope this sounds good to you. Thanks.

Yeah, we need to add something like this if for no other reason than to include romhacks/translations, so your use-case would be covered by the same functionality, I think. Anyway, the collection stuff is only just getting started. We’re planning to have support for artwork, metadata, preview videos, custom search filters (e.g., all games published by Capcom) and more.

Glad to hear that! I’m very grateful for the work you’re doing with these new releases, please keep it up :slight_smile:

In case it helps: another example of how to go about this is how Kodi’s Advance Launcher does it. It just adds any found file of an specified format to a system collection, regardless of databases, and leaves the option to scan in databases for info and assets later on as a separate, optional thing.