Request: Better SD Card support?

It would be nice if RetroArch had better support for external SD Card (/storage/extSdCard), especially considering that RetroArch doesn’t need to ask for permission to write to the app’s data directory on the SD Card (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.retroarch). My two requests are that:

1. RetroArch could prompt the user on initial setup where to save everything (either internal storage (current) or SD Card), which is where the directory settings would default to and where the assets would be extracted on setup
  2. When an SD Card is inserted, the select file prompt should include SD Card and SD Card Application Dir as location options, along with the current Application Dir, External Application Dir, and Internal Memory.

Ignoring SD card vs internal storage, I would like to see RetroArch on Android put everything in one place like on PC. By default it splits its files between:[B]

• /data/data/com.retroarch/:[/B] Resources like cores, overlays, etc… - /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/: General config file, saves if you choose to have saves in one folder, BIOS files if you choose to have those in one folder - /storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/: Core-specific config overrides, cheats, playlists

I guess the items in the last folder are what you expect the user to need to access/modify frequently, so that makes sense. But having cores and overlays completed blocked off from non-root users by default is a little odd.