Request: Controller Layout image for MAME/FBA

A RetroPie/RetroArch user recently asked for the ideal RetroPad layout for a 6 button Arcade system. I know there are several great images for various consoles already, eg:

image from the docs. there’s more retropad layout images over at retropie’s docs, which were sourced from RA’s old docs i believe.

…but i can’t find one for arcade. would it be possible to do one? or if anyone has the template for these images, i could try? in order to work with the fbalpha and mame2003 defaults (at least), the layout should be:

D-PAD UP                      Y     X     L
D-PAD LEFT          D-PAD RIGHT         B     A     R
          D-PAD DOWN
                               (coin button) SELECT    (player start) START

(this follows the SNES controller layout for street fighter 2)

If any of the built-in overlay assets suit your fancy, you can grab them and assemble them however you need in photoshop/gimp/whatever.

1 Like

@dankcushions taalas and I made all of the images a while ago to match the retropad layout, I’m just including them with the new retroarch docs as much of retropie’s and retroarch’s docs are essentially the same.

1 Like

oh right! looks like i had my history wrong, sorry :slight_smile:

well, i guess my request is more to you, then! any chance you still have a template around?

These are the diagrams we have thus far:

I don’t think taalas ever made an arcade one because out of the thousands of machines what do you choose? lightguns? spinners? 8 button mashem ups? but yeah I don’t believe we ever came to a consensus but the assets are freely available for anyone to remix or mashup, simple enough through inkscape.