Resolution Question

Hello! I have a Vision Master Pro 510 Monitor and a Geforce 960 GTX. I have been reading a lot about that 15khz / 30khz stuff and so on. Now I made some Custom Resolutions like 256x224p 60Hz and it works fine with shaders. Actually I am totally fine with how things look.

My Questions:

Is that 30Khz?

Is that the same like doing that 120Hz trick?

Can every VGA Monitor do these Resolutions?

So far. Thanks

AFAIK, every VGA monitor should be able to do those resolutions. The question is whether or not your video card wants to produce them or not.

256x224@60 should be 15 khz (a little less, actually). However, I recommend doing an ultrawide resolution like 1920 or 3840 by 240. That will let you play a lot of games without messing with the resolution constantly.

Yeah i did that before but then the gui was in that resolution :slight_smile: I still did not figure out where i set the gui resolution (xmb)

At very low resolutions, I recommend using RGUI (or GLUI with the DPI override enabled and adjusted to fit your screen). XMB is designed for typical HD monitors.

Well somehow something seems wrong with my config as with these big resolutions. it doesn’t work to show either gui right. is there a reference config? i was following the steps from monroe88 but it don’t work for me. So i assume i have a failure somewhere else.

At first launch at the ultrawide res, the menu will be scrunched up very small in the center of the screen. You’ll need to go into the settings and, with integer scale ON, change the custom viewport X value to stretch it out to the full horizontal size.

Ok. Got it done now. Thank you!