Retro Achievements issues

Hello everyone. I’ve found out about Retro Achievements a while ago, but have been having some odd problems with them so far. After some chatting with the Admins on RA’s site, they determined the problems I’ve had may be because of Retroarch, so I decided to list all the problems I have.

Using Genesis Plus GX (and Picodrive) the Genesis games don’t recognize the games, and one game in particular (Sonic 3 Complete) gets dreadfully slowed down on GPGX when RA support is on.

NES and GB games (I use NEStopia and Gambatte) will show on my userpage that I have played them, but the achievements don’t seem to pop for me. The only exception is when achievements pop up out of nowhere, when I have done nothing to get them. Opening the achievement list on these cores boots me completely out of Retroarch.

GBA games (I use mGBA) register on my userpage as having been played, but no achievements work. However, looking at the achievement list doesn’t boot me out of Retroarch. I have tried VBA Next also, but achievements don’t seem to work on that either.

SNES games (I use SNES9X Next) seem to work almost perfectly for me, except it doesn’t seem to recognize Yoshi’s Island as a game that has achievements, and certain random achievements for certain games just don’t pop up when I have done the requirements.

Hardcore Mode is great, I love disabling save states, but it doesn’t allow you to earn the hardcore version of an achievement if you’ve already unlocked it while not on Hardcore Mode.

I still do like that support is getting added for this, and am excited for when it gets more polished and such. I hope some of this information may be of use to the developers here :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=PKstarship;35785] Using Genesis Plus GX (and Picodrive) the Genesis games don’t recognize the games, and one game in particular (Sonic 3 Complete) gets dreadfully slowed down on GPGX when RA support is on.

:)[/QUOTE]

lr-picodrive achievements works fine on android and windows. Only in Linux that does not work, I hope someone find out why.