Retroachievements question

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if there even IS a place to post it…

But with the Retroachievements stuff… Why do only certain emulators work? Like, achievements work with FCEU, but not Nestopia… can someone explain why this is?

The Retroachievements hooks have to be added on a core-by-core basis because they work by monitoring RAM values, and that isn’t portable across emus.

1 Like

retroachievements not work

my lakka x86_64 2.1 RC 4 - not work any achievements

i use correct emulators downloaded from nightlies

games are scanned by CRC and detected in rdb database as named game roms

i try fceumm contra and mario , nothing show in list

lakka 2.1 RC4 dont have news topic on lakka web , its only in repository

work retroachievements in version 2.0 official download lakka method ?

Does this mean they are also different across architectures, even for the same core?.. so is it possible that a core has achievements in a platform (say… 32 bit Windows) but not in another (say… Android ARM)?

Does this mean each achievement for each game has to have different hooks for each of the different cores (and possibly different platforms)? Or the achievement just indicates a “standard” memory address from the actual emulated hardware and it’s each core’s job to match that “emulated” address with the real one in the host?

Another question: is it mandatory to have an internet connection active for the achievements to be detected? In platforms like PSP, for example, it might not be easy to have a wifi connection if you use it for playing on the go, would the hooks be stored locally and the achievements kept while offline? or the only way to have them register is being online while you play?

My RetroAchievements works now

I use lakka rettroarch pc version x86_64 , 2.1 RC4

i was register on retroachievements.org , the account must be verified by email way !

then i link two discord channels (retroarch & retroachievements) - community people

again retroachievements discord channel account must be verified by the forum topic method

in short >

lakka 2.1 RC4 , x86_64 PC version , achievements WORKS after register on retroachievements.org and complete verify account by mail and then after link discord accounts (retroarch & retroachievements) verify by administrators in forum retroachievements topic for this.

games in retroarch show list of achievements

i use emulators from nightlies / linux / x86_64 / latest /

NES - FCEUmm with turbo buttons enable in options

SNES - Snes9x NEXT (snes9x2010)

SEGA 8bit - Genesis Plus GX

SEGA 16bit - PicoDrive

Nintendo64 - Paralel 64

must use gameboy and gameboy advanace next time , gambatte and mgba

this emulators used achievements (and turbografx console - dont like)

ACHIEVEMENTS WORK THIS METHOD FLAWLESS

visit my blog http://www.tigerhareram.cz/linux.html