retroarch 1.0.0.1 iphone 6+ how to stretch controller input overlay iPhone6plus

so like most iphone 6 plus users…the emulator wasn’t going full screen…however that was easily fixable i just youtubed “How to make Retroarch multi-emulator full screen on iPhone 6 plus.” all you needed to do was go to video settings and play around with the numbers to stretch it. [B] The only issue left is the button layout., thats the only thing that didnt’ stretch (see pics/attachment) trying to play final fantasy 8 here and its a little annoying having the buttons sitting in the center instead of the edges. only thing that isnt able to stretch is the controls overlay…can anyone help here?

[/B]https://imgur.com/Gn4sObD (ive tried to use the newer retroarch versions but those just crash.) *also tried using ForceGoodFit but had no effect

I had that same issue, unfortunately the only fix I found was to upgrade the frontend to 1.3 and reload the cores. I was apprehensive to switch off of 1.0.0.1 since it took so long to get it working right. But I’ve been more than pleased with the new build. Takes some getting used to, but if you’re jailbroken, it won’t take more than a day to get your setup straight.

Oh wow so you are saying upgrading to 1.3 did the trick for you ? Damn. I have no experience in loading the cores on this retroarch. Version 1.0.0.1 worked right off the bat for me. 1.2 or whatever’s gave me a bunch of error messages but I guess it’s time to do the research In excited that it’s at least fixable

(I’m jail broken on 8.4 I hope that won’t cause any issues ). Also. I only plan to use retroarch for play station 1 so any quick suggestions and pointers will be nice. I plan to start off with using IFile to manually install the .deb file packages for the version 1.3 (or the most super updated one 1.34 or whatever ). I think I might need a bios and I’d have to put it somewhere ?

hey chefff, try to replace the overlays you already have with mine, follow the steps 1- go to applications\Retroarch.app (use ifile, ifunbox, etc) 2- backup your overlays in same directory. just in case. 3- download the zip file from the link below and unzip it. 4- replace the current overlays with the one.

try and see I want your feedback. I don’t really have an iphone 6 to try it.

ill give it a shot…most likely going to downgrade back to the orignal version i had because im on the latest retroarch 1.3 or whatever…and it loads gameboy roms perfectly fine with the control overlays set up perfectly…

however…im here to play PSX games.and it keeps crashing when i try to darn file…prob going to do resarch if im missing anything on this PSX thing…the bin file…the zips…just crashes when trying to load. but ill give this overlay setup defintely a try thank you

crap…i cant even try now cuz i cant find the old deb or the old retroarch version i was using…now i just need to find out how to play psx games on the new retroarch version …crashes when i select a rom file (works fine for gameboy roms tho )

this is RetroArch 1.0.0.2.1

to install it: 1- Uninstall any retroarch you alreay have 2-use ifile to install install by clicking on file then install. 3- go to cydia and install activator or reinstall it if you have it then you can delete it if you what. (By doing this will help you fully install retroArch) first try it without replacing the layovers folder.

so 1.0.0.2.1 works and runs both psp and PSX…more importantly psx the bin file…runs it well. however…when selecting the overlays…the control disposition is still connected to the iphone 6 regular screen thus…issue still persists.

right now im just trying to figure out how to get the latest retroarch 1.3 to work…because the control overlay actually fits this time…i tested it by loading up a gameboy rom…however…when trying to load a bin file for PSX games…it crashes for that versoin.

ive had one other answer and it was this “If you’re using PCSX-ReARMed, it has a built-in HLE BIOS that’s not great but it at least should avoid crashes from lack of BIOS. Your issue is most likely related to the dynarec. If you can change it from dynarec to interpreter (or cached interpreter, if it’s available) in the retroarch-core-options.cfg file, it may work better for you.”

how do i edi the .cfg file?

please close this thread. thank you. (or delete) . solved by updating to the latest retro.

[QUOTE=MrSeven X;39484]hey chefff, try to replace the overlays you already have with mine, follow the steps 1- go to applications\Retroarch.app (use ifile, ifunbox, etc) 2- backup your overlays in same directory. just in case. 3- download the zip file from the link below and unzip it. 4- replace the current overlays with the one.

try and see I want your feedback. I don’t really have an iphone 6 to try it.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with an iPhone know how to find retroarch in ifile? It’s not in the applications folder. Want to try MrSevens overlay.