RetroArch 1.0.02 CRT test video

On YouTube

wow, looks great O_O

Sure does and that’s only a fraction of the true experience. I’m going to try and capture footage of as many of the best vertical based ones as I can with this little setup. I have a nice 28" CRT for horizontal too, have been testing the GC releases on that. Looks amazing for the platforms where we can select more matched resolutions (NeoGeo, CPS1,2) There is huge value in the GC/Wii as platform for an arcade box; cheap and readily available hardware with easy 240p/224p over SCART, very hackable controllers, and a decent compatibility list.

Pity the larger Neo Geo ROMS don’t work and better compatibility with FBA or MAME would be nice.

I think it has been as optimized as much it can be within the limited resources of the platform. I prefer to celebrate what it can do rather than mourn what it can’t. Certainly a compact PC system with a VGA-to-SCART setup would be best for a more authentic CRT based setup, and I’m working towards trying that too. But it means time & money. I have plenty of old GCs and Wii’s salvaged/donated/collected over time that I like to make use of. A functioning Wii with just the disc drive not working could be got for about $30/€30, maybe less. Softmod that, SCART cable to an old TV (plenty folks just throw out perfect ones), cheap and cheerful. A lot of people rave about CoinOps for original Xbox as one of the best emulator console setup. I tried it. The GUI wrapper is impressive enough to browse what you have. But the old Xbox can’t do 240p and everything is fuzzy interlaced on the tube and it’s all about the games. RetroArch for Wii has a limited arcade scope. But what it does do, it does brilliantly for very little investment.

I agree, I have one connected to a 32" flatscreen via component cables with two classic controllers and it’s the business.

I just noticed that the compatibility list we had going is gone off anonfiles. I’ll repost.