RetroArch 1.10.3 not showing thumbnails

Hello. Using RetroArch 1.10.3 in Linux Ubuntu 20.04.4. Thumbnails boxarts not are being showed. Enabled to shown thumbnail type for boxarts. Thumbnails boxarts are named correctly match with games naming from playlist.

Thumbnails path /Database_Image/5 Games/2-0 Retroarch/playlist name/Named_Boxarts inside an folder named exactly like playlist and thumnails inside “Named_Boxarts” files are png

Showing thumbnails for playlist is working in Retroarch current version ? Which file formats are supported ?

Thanks for read.

Thumbnail only works if :

• Create an playlist “ABC” named in Retroarch
  • /thumbnails/ABC/Named_Boxarts

Thumbnails break if

• Using an file manager rename playlist “ABC” to “ABCDE”
  • Even using correct path /thumbnails/ABCDE/Named_Boxarts the thumbnails not work.

That’s an error bug ? If yes I will create an topic in github about it.

I am running Retroarch on my PC. Everything works great. All games work. Only problem is can’t download thumbnails. When usung Online Updater / Playlist thumbnails updater, absolutely nothing happens on the screen. Not a single message / popup. I tried creating a subfolder Name_Boxarts in my Playlist folder (spelled exactly the same way, Nothing works. It seems RetroArch doesn’t read what’s inside. Everything is written as should be (name of file same way as in the Playlist). I usuall y read and find solutions on my own after researching but now can’t find how it doesnt’ work. Everybody online suggest to do the same way but that doesnt do anything to me. Is there a different way to upload thumbnails in the Playlist (drag/drop for example). Any help is welcome. P.S I am working with emulators, MAME, RetroArch for over 10-15 years so I have a good understanding on it works in general Thanks Pat

Welcome to @patroberge902

The first thing you should do is take a look at the documentation:
https://docs.libretro.com/guides/roms-playlists-thumbnails/

Many of the MAME thumbnails are available for automatic download from:
Online Updater » Playlist thumnails Updater

To add them manually, an easy way to “drag and drop”. Is to open “Show Desktop Menu” from the main menu, or press F5.

Keep in mind that you posted in a post more than a year ago, the ideal is to open a new post.

If you are already using the Online Uddate without success, maybe you are making the wrong playlist. In the documents, there is also information on how to create Arcade, MAME, FBNeo, etc. playlists.