Retroarch 1.16.0 -Radeon RX560 Vulkan Video Driver = stuttering

Fuorigrotta/Vomero here :rofl:

1 Like

Io sto in zona Panuozzo :smiley:

1 Like

To help devs, you could try to understand where exactly it started to happen. 1.14? 1.16?

I should try installing those versions again, however I remember that the problem was already present, but I don’t remember in which version exactly.

Stop ! I am going crazy . Wanting to find out at what precise moment Retroarch broke with the Vulkan drivers, I also downloaded the other versions, unpacked them on C:\user\Desktop, and ironically all the versions work fluidly including 1.17 Normally my retroarch folder is located in **C:\Launchbox (**and not on desktop), so for a strange reason the stuttering defect occurs depending on the folder in which I have retroarch, I can’t understand what it could depend on

It doesn’t make much sense… any chance you are using different configs?

No, I used the same CORE, same setup with Vulkan and Slang shaders. At this point I may suspect a question of folder permissions, let me explain… I created this romset on another PC years ago, then I copied it here and updated it from time to time. I wouldn’t want the folder to bring with it old permissions that perhaps interfere with the Vulkan drivers, I can’t find any other explanation… (and I’m an old Microsoft beta tester with Windows 7)