Retroarch 1.17.0 Linux flatpak core downloader not working

Fresh install. The “Core Downloader” fetches the cores list, then only shows “fbneo_libretro.so.zip”.

Thank you,

No others are experiencing this?

Turns out I didn’d download core info previously. (blush).

Still wondering why RA isn’t delivered with current assets, databases and core info files built-in. It’d increase usability for newcomers especially.

Thanks,

If you don’t have it, it’s because you deleted the folder.

The Flatpak, Snap and Appimage versions include all of this in a clean install. The only one that does not is the PPA repository version.

I also want to add, that sometimes fetching core lists fail and it cant find anything or an incomplete list. Waiting a while (minutes or hours) and trying again solves this usually. That’s also a possibility of what happened.

that’s quite unlikely. I just installed the flatpak and run Retroarch!

Out of curiousity I have installed Flatpak RetroArch and it seems that it really does not include those files. The RetroArch folder /home/tuncay/.var/app/org.libretro.RetroArch/config/retroarch/ is only 208.7 KiB “big”. I guess it’s meant to be downloaded manually. I wonder why the download was over 500 MB big then.

On a personal note, it kinda makes sense to me. It’s like only installing the bare minimum to function as an application, but requires to download all necessary files from the servers. This makes it easier to distribute and package all those variants.

:flushed:

Exactly, this is what Flatpak, Snap and Appimage do. They install only what is necessary, but you are looking in the wrong place.

This is a new installation.

These presentations include everything, not including the cores and some options directly dependent on the games, cheats / miniatures.

Just at this moment we are looking at the possibility of including some basic cores, but there are many people who do not agree.