RetroArch 1.3.2 - File Extraction executes, files do not appear

Firstly, my operating system specifications for your convenience: I have an HP Elite 8000 CMT running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional.

Please read this carefully.

When I download version 1.3.2 for 64 bit windows, the file extraction executes and the progress bar slowly builds up, and then the files are just gone. No WinZip error message, no folder options set to hide hidden files, nothing.

On the other hand, when I download version 1.3.0 for 64 bit windows, this does not happen. The files appear readily.

I do not know what’s wrong, but it does appear to be on your end. The files for version 1.3.2 are not present on my computer, and cannot be found anywhere. They just vanish. It’s like I’m extracting them straight into the Recycle Bin without a deletion confirmation (that’s me being colorful, not a suspected cause of the problem).

Any idea what’s going on?

I just downloaded and extracted and it is perfectly fine.

Well it isn’t for me, and this thread has been created for the purpose of asking why not.

Edit: Apologies for bothering you all, but the problem has gone away mysteriously by itself. I don’t know if the planets all aligned properly or what but I managed to get the files to appear.

I don’t know if this had anything to do with it, but this time I didn’t name the new folder I was extracting to “Retroarch,” but specifically “RetroArch 1.3.2”.

Try using 7-zip www.7-zip.org.