RetroArch 1.3.4 Audio Stuttering

I am having issues with audio stuttering that seems to occur for a couple seconds every few seconds when playing a game. This is happening in all of the cores I’m using. Sometimes the stuttering begins as soon as I start the emulation, and other times the emulation will start fine, then the stuttering will begin after a certain period of time. I tried to do basically everything people suggested to do when stuttering happens, changing the refresh rate, increasing the audio latency, changing the audio driver, updating audio drivers, etc, and the stuttering is still there. Even when I uninstall and reinstall RetroArch the issue is still there. The only ways I can get rid of the stuttering is by turning on threaded video, turning off v-sync, or playing the game in windowed move. However, I don’t like any of these options because it causes the game to run more choppy and/or have nasty screen tearing.

What I find strange is that when I first downloaded RetroArch 1.3.4, I played Super Mario World without threaded video, with v-sync on, and in fullscreen, and the game ran perfectly with no stuttering. However, when I loaded a SMW Romhack, that’s when the audio stuttering issues began, and it happened in all the games I tried since. Even when I loaded Super Mario World again the stuttering was there.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? All help would be appreciated. I’m running a 59.94hz monitor btw.

By audio stutters, do you mean it’s crackling? If so, can you check the process manager to see if any of your CPU cores are maxed?