RetroArch 1.3.4 / new Lakka released

Read the blog post for more info -

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-3-4-released/

Also check out the blog post covering the new Lakka version, which also goes indepth on some of the new RetroArch features -

Anyone elses Thumbnails not working? I am on the Shield TV and while it downloads the .zips it always starts all over again once it reaches 26% for example (differs on the system), then tries it a few more times and then says 100%. It almost feels like the server are under heavy load but I don’t think that’s it. Thumbnails not showing up and yes, I have activated them in the menu.

It looks like 1.3.4 can’t save current config. No matter how many times I press a button it just won’t save. PC version.

edit. It doesn’t work with ‘Save configuration on exit’ disabled.

When I load a different config it doesn’t autoload a core.

It doesn’t autoload cores anymore because that breaks configurations per-core.

I just wanted to comment on the updates to the XMB menu in this version… Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous.

Not only are the animations awesome, but the new default color theme of Electric Blue is stunning. Please don’t ever get rid of this new stuff, it’s outstanding!

try the black one - its even better than electric blue.

I was having problems getting the thumbnails to work, but the solution was actually simple.

Symptoms:

• Zip file is downloaded, but stays in the main folder (with the executable)
  • The images folders are not unzipped

Cause:

• No Thumbnails folder was set after upgrading a current installation

Solution:

• Go To [Settings>Directory>Thumbnails Dir] and point it to the proper folder (or edit the cfg file accordingly)

thanks for sharing the link, helpful

Thanks, i been following RetroArch since 2015, and thanks for putting the link to Lakka also. :slight_smile:

Does this new version of retroarch finally fix the multiple controller issue? I haven’t had a version yet that will actually let me use/map all of my usb controllers. Only my first xbox360 controller works now. It used to be both xbox360 controllers worked so at least I had two players available. But all of my other controllers (2 Snes usb’s and 2 Playstation usb’s) show up by the yellow text at start up, but do not show up anywhere else to map or use. No matter what input driver I’ve ever tried, nothing past the xbox360 controllers have ever been available to actually use. Only teased by the yellow startup text lol.
I’ve never really understood why this is, since other programs like Launchbox, allow me to navigate it’s interface with any controller that is plugged in just by selecting one option “use all controllers” for example. So I’m just curious why retroarch has never been made to allow all usb controllers plugged in to be used and mapped, and whether or not this has been addressed in the latest version. It sort of seems like instead of flashy options, you’d at least want normal controller recognition that so many other programs manage to get going.

Super excited for this, but it would still be useless if I can’t use any of my other controllers

No one at the retroarch team can speak to the status of the controller recognition issue that has been around for years?

This version is outdated. Use 1.5.0 and/or higher. (latest nightly)