RetroArch 1.3.4 - No audio and Shaders aren't working

I setup the new 64-Bit RetroArch 1.3.4 just now and for some reason trying NES I don’t have any audio when renaming the retroarch.exe. Also, none of the shader presets will work when applied. Another thing 1.3.4 does that previous versions did not… is that if you set your directories in the RetroArch menu to folders outside of the main retroarch folder… it keeps putting back empty folders in RetroArch’s directory.

Thanks.

UPDATE: (FIXED) Non-working Shaders: Update your retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe to the latest Nightly build. (FIXED) Empty Folders Automatically Created When Using Directory Setups Outside of RetroArch’s Main Folder: Simply put a custom.ini file in RetroArch’s folder. (FIXED) No Audio When Renaming RetroArch.exe:[B][I] Don’t rename the .exe

[/I][/B]INPUT LAG TIP: Some of you may notice input lag when using Vsync, particularly noticeable with NES. If you must use VSYNC to get rid of screen tearing, make sure you are also using the lowest GPU SYNC setting your hardware can handle, and the highest FRAME DELAY setting you can without performance issues. Frame Delay settings will vary from different cores and shaders. Use wired controllers to shave off more lag, as opposed to wireless.

I’m not sure why renaming the exe would cause your audio to no longer work, maybe hunterk or another moderator can help troubleshoot this issue with you.

Another thing 1.3.4 does that previous versions did not, although it’s not a big deal… is that if you set your directories in the RetroArch menu to folders outside of the main retroarch folder… it keeps putting back empty folders in retroarch’s folder.

Yeah those are default directories it creates as potential fallback directories. Previously these directories were pregenerated inside the zip.

I guess we need some more brainstorming there to see if we can have an option to have it prevent generating these dirs automatically if people don’t want it to do so.

Ok thank you. The directories aren’t really an issue since they are empty and don’t take any space up on the hard drive, but thought I would mention it.

Alright thanks Radius. Any idea why the shaders aren’t applying? It’s like the “apply” button doesn’t do anything.

I have the same issue with the shaders as Phantasm… hope it gets fixed… everything else looks great!

When I select a shader and apply it…there is no change. I don’t really get it because they always worked. I updated them in the online updater… unless that is what screwed it up. No clue honestly.

EDIT: To be more precise I’m trying CRT CG shaders on NES and PS1 using GL driver. Windows 10 64-Bit, RetroArch 64-Bit, GTX 970.

I also have a problem with a shader if I select a .cg file or press apply shader paramaters with .cg files preloaded from .cgp. It’s more explain here with a log. http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5554

I also have a problem with shader not working. For me it happens only with Fbalpha neo . For the others cores, shaders are working properly. I think the issue happen just after I update cores and shaders.

Shaders are working with retroarch_debug.exe But not working with retroarch.exe

[QUOTE=AdikRahman;38255]Shaders are working with retroarch_debug.exe But not working with retroarch.exe[/QUOTE] Not for me… they aren’t working in either exe.

Temporary fix to restore previously configured cg shaders (Works in Linux, idk about Windows): Open the core config files, for example “bsnes_balanced_libretro.so.cfg” and look for the parameter “video_shader_enable” and set it to “true” if it was set to “false”. Secondly look for the parameter “video_shader”. If it is missing, add it. Set the parameter to your preferred shader and its location: “~/Directory/Retroarch/shaders/[your shader].cgp”

This still won’t let you configure and edit shaders via the menu (the shaders menu is still broken), but you will be able to use your shaders and the default shaders in that manner described above.

Shaders are working for me as well, both Preview and Menu Shader Parameters work and applying changes works. I tested with both a fresh 1.3.4 64-bit Windows install and my own personal 64-bit Windows build of the current master Git branch.

However, I noticed on the 1.3.4 32-bit Windows build that using Apply Changes on a Cg shader causes the following error:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: [Shader driver]: Cg cannot be used with core GL context. Trying to fall back to GLSL...

Load Preset seems to work, though, and the changes to Menu Parameters still seem to be saved to retroarch.cgp, so you can just load that preset to get the shader back.

That error does not occur on the 64-bit Windows build for me, so the issue appears to be specific to the 32-bit Windows build.

I am using a fresh 64-bit 1.3.4 from stable download section of the site. When I load a preset, like crt-royale for example… and check the menu shader parameters, it says “No shader parameters”.

For me also, the problem happen on the last stable 64 bit version.

Shaders are FIXED in the latest Nightly .exe’s from 5/5/2016… just grab those from the buildbot and replace your 2 .exe files.

Thanks for the info , Pantasm

No problem!