RetroArch 1.6.3 seem to be broken from Google Play Store

When I exit out of a game from MAME the screen go to two layers on the RetroArch. I had to close it and then re-open it to fix that issue. Tested out on two different devices. I had to do this every time when I exit out of a game. Seem like the RetroArch having graphics issue itself on the 1.6.3.

1.6.0 is fine on the graphics.

I’ve also had issues with 1.6.3 on Android (although they’re not the same as yours). I’m going to add them to this thread because I’m too new here to create my own.

On my LG-G2 (Android 4.4) and my brothers’ Lenovo Tab 2s (one running 5.something, and the other running 6.something), touch input is not working properly in menus. When in a menu with toggleable or combobox-like options, wherever is pressed, it will always behave as if the top option was pressed. For example, in the video settings menu, if bilinear filtering is toggled, it won’t change, but instead ‘show FPS’ will be.

This issue is still present when installing directly from the APK, but goes away when I downgrade to 1.6.0. If the controller overlay is on, though, menus work just fine through that.

I’ll add a third voice to the chorus. I’m actually having both the above problems with 1.6.3 just as described. I have a Galaxy Tab A running Android 5.1.1

Ok, we were able to reproduce it. We’re going to push out a hotfix to just return back to the old behavior while we work out a better long-term fix.

I’m using Android 6.0.1 and 7.1.1. :slight_smile:

I pushed an update now, it should revert back to the previous behavior for now.

Yo. Using plain 6.0.0 and having trouble setting the onscreen overlay to PSX and also unable to change save slots.

EDIT: Wow. I got bamboozled with the approval wait time being longer than the Admin stating their acknowledgement. #NewbieWoes

Thanks for the update. The control problem is fixed, but the “layering” problem Dunard-Garaus and I have is still there. Here’s an example from a Galaxy Tab A with Android 5.1.1. I tried a clean reinstall but that didn’t help.

I have the same problem here, also android 5.1

Just like snapshot is showing. Hard to see the words.

Go to the settings tab, then go to User Interface -> Menu and increase the ‘Background opacity’ setting to 0.95 or higher.

It seems that the menu is now transparent when “Pause when menu activated” is enabled, when it was previously transparent only when the game was running in the background. Perhaps the default background opacity should be set higher on the Android build.

I already tried that. It hides the game image but doesn’t fix whatever the bug is. Here’s an example with 95% background opacity.

I can’t reproduce that on my Galaxy Note 5, the background should be white unless you use the ‘Dark Blue’ or ‘Shield’ color themes.

My problem with the current version is that it crashes immediately upon startup, tried force stopping it then re-starting still no luck has anyone had a similar issue?

Running retroarch on shield tv with latest update installed.

Edit: Uninstalling and re-installing fixed my issue thanks.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling? Sometimes things go wonky during installation and you just have to reinstall to get it fixed up.

Thanks a lot. That works.

Not for me unfortunately. I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling for the third time.

Last time i downloaded RetroArch from the PlayStore some months ago it was a very old and slow version, while the nightlies worked pretty fast on my Lg G4. Is it updated now?