Retroarch 1.7.0 PSP core issues

The new RA is awesome in PSP, but still there are some issues with cores: Cave Story still crash after the intro (since RA 1.30), Fceumm crash for me with zip or unzipped file, Gbatemp freeze my PSP, Snes9x cores crash like Fceumm.

this doesnt really give clues as what could be the cause of issue. a log file and/or attempts to troubleshoot the issue would help.

Well in my new test, GAMBATTE works fine, QuickNES works fine, PCE Fast works fine, PrBoom works fine, fmsx works fine too.

I also have crashes in latest snaphots with Fceumm core. Both zipped and unzipped files. When I try to load game, after few seconds, beep is heard and PSP turn off. Is there any settings to change in retroarch setup to make it work? QuickNES and Gambatte work great. I’m using PSP 2004 with 6.60 and 660PRO-C-Fix3.

I did some testing and I found what crashes my PSP when I try Fceumm core. When I change “fceumm_aspect” in retroarch-core-options.cfg from “8:7 PAR” to “4:3”, everything works fine, loading zipped and unzipped rom. It seams that general setting in Video (Aspect ratio) doesn’t override core options. No matter what I put there, core crashes if it is fceumm_aspect = “8:7 PAR”.

im not understanding why you need to manually adjust from retroarch-core-options.cfg instead from quick menu (which i think should have them) and what aspect you are looking in video -> aspect ratio. 8:7 PAR has always been there for fceumm. i do most regarding aspect/width/height stuff but PSP has its own separate function for this which i never changed since i dont have a PSP to confirm how it worked. so either, this issue in PSP has been there since, or something in recent psp-related updates in retroarch has changed this.

in anycase, try to delete this retroarch-core-options.cfg(if possible) and try changing settings from quick menu instead.

Thank you for your answer. Problem in PSP is that you can’t access (or I didn’t found a way) quick menu untill you start a game, and you can’t start a game if aspect is set on 8:7 PAR. I think it is set default on PSP when you install Retroarch. At least that is on my PSP (PSP 2004 with 6.60 firmware and 660PRO-C-Fix3). When I start game with 4:3, I can change it back to 8:7 PAR… it works, but next time I start Retroarch it won’'t load any game the same. If I stay on 4:3, works every time. Just one question, why global settings don’t override core one in Fceumm? Anything I put in Video (Aspect ratio) acts the same in Fceumm (Custom, 4:3, 16:9, 16:10…)?