Retroarch 1.7.3

I just got a fresh install for the newest retroarch 1.7.3 and when i go to open it it opens for a second then immediately closes. I have no idea why and I didn’t do anything different to running 1.7.2 which worked fine.

how did you install? Did you get the redist libs from the buildbot?

Downloaded the x64 installer from http://retroarch.com/?page=platforms

The log only says this.

[INFO] RetroArch 1.7.3 (Git b2ceb50897) [INFO] === Build ======================================= Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AVX AES Built: May 4 2018 [INFO] Version: 1.7.3 [INFO] Git: b2ceb50897 [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. [INFO] Redirecting save file to “e:\Games\RetroArch\saves.srm”. [INFO] Redirecting savestate to “e:\Games\RetroArch\states.state”. [INFO] Version of libretro API: 1 [INFO] Compiled against API: 1 [INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 29970.03 Hz. [INFO] [Video]: Video @ 960x720 [INFO] [GL]: Found GL context: wgl [INFO] [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 3840x2160. [INFO] [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. [INFO] [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

There’s your issue. Open your retroarch.cfg and change video_driver = “gl” to “d3d11”

i tried that didnt help

Alright, try changing it to “gdi”

i fixed the problem some how when i updated my graphics driver it completely removed support for opengl and vulkan. once i updated them again with the beta driver from nvidia all is wall.

1 Like

I am seeing this with multiple games with the last 3 releases (in the last 10 days) of the Nvidia Drivers. People may want a sticky to know it is NOT RetroArch, but Nvidia driver related. :wink: